Friday, February 29, 2008

MAILART EXCHANGE WITH ATHABASCA ALBERTA CANADA HIGH SCHOOL ART CLASS

I've been communicating with High School Art Instructor, Barbara Burns, in Athabasca, Alberta Canada over the past year and somewhere along the way I mentioned that it would be fun to do a MailArt exchange with her students. I have fond memories of exchanging a handmade felt, (made from raw wool, start to finish), envelope and letter with embroidered lettering with an artist named Sas Colby while I was in High School and thought that I'd like to turn the tables and be the artist on the other end. Barbara agreed to the idea and incorporated a MailArt project into her curriculum with this years students at Edwin Parr Composite School. In addition to myself, a number of other artists have jumped aboard and are exchanging artwork with her classes as well.

Today I received the package with a bundle of 11 students decorated envelopes with their Artist Trading Cards or postcards included as well as a wonderful gift from Barbara Burns the instructor.

You can follow the trail back to the kids by checking out my "Portrait Mail Art Reply" Blog.

A NOTE FROM BARBARA BURNS EXPLAINING THE PROJECT



BROGAN BROWN




CASIE RAC-PARACHONIAK




COURTNEY CAHOON




JANEA VIKE




JANEEN PILISZANSKI




KAYLA WILLIS




MITCHELL CARDINAL




NICHOLE SHWAGA




PAUL BEAVERBONE




ROBYN BLACK




SHANELLE GUSTAFSON

No comments: